Changing our name back to the Senator Hotel & Conference Centre isn’t the only change our hotel has gone under recently, we’ve also undergone more than a million dollars in renovations.
Awaiting you at the Senator Hotel are newly renovated rooms and suites with plush bedding, beautiful linens, and fridges and microwaves added to each room. Start or end your day with coffee or tea on us, with a Keurig coffee maker now provided in each room. Our suites also include a dining area along with a “big red chair” and ottoman, so you can unwind in comfort in front of the cozy fireplace. The chair is so comfortable that we are being asked by our guests if they can either take one home or order one of their own!
Our Daybreak Cafe has been renovated and now is open all day as a lounge area, complete with large screen HDTV’s. We’ve added brand new elevators that will get you from the parking garage or lobby to your floor in no time. And we’ve added modern touches throughout the building, which just happens to also be Timmins’ largest hotel.
At the Senator Hotel & Conference Centre, we have a tradition of excellence and the new renovations are helping us to keep that tradition alive and well.
We’d love for you to check out the renovations firsthand with a stay at our hotel. Call us at 705-267-6211 or book your room or suite on our website.
The Senator Hotel & Conference Centre in Timmins has been known throughout Northern Ontario for our hospitality at our hotel, yes, but we are also well-known for our on-site restaurant, the Senator Dining Room, which is often referred to as “the Gem of the North”.
At the Senator Dining Room you’ll find cuisine that is out of this world. For over 40 years the Senator Dining Room has been providing a memorable dining experience to both hotel guests and people from throughout the City of Timmins.
Our menu features Appetizers like,
- Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops, with Arugula and a Fresh Melon Salsa
- Mushroom Crostini featuring a Mushroom Trio and Truffle Oil Infused Goat Cheese
- Phyllo Wrapped Baked Brie with Apricot Compote
and Entrees such as,
- Hazelnut Crusted Chicken Breast served with Frangelico Cream Sauce
- 8oz Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin, Port & Bing Cherry Demi Glaze
- 8oz Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Pearl Onions and Merlot Beef Reduction
- Pesto Seared Rack of Lamb with Grain Dijon Mustard, Pinot Noir Reduction
- 8oz Grilled Beef Striploin with Madagascar Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Atlantic Grilled Salmon with Sauteed Shrimp, Perserved Lemon and Dill Cream
- Pan Seared Pickeral with Kaffir Lime Beurre Blanc
- Duck Leg Confit with Wild Mushrooms and Goat Cheese Cream Reduction
We also have many delectable soups, salads and pastas to choose from, not to mention our house specialty of Roasted Certified Angus Prime Rib.
Find us on the first floor of the Senator Hotel & Conference Centre in Timmins. We’re open Monday to Saturday from 5pm to 10pm.