The Senator Hotel & Conference Centre in Timmins has a fantastic banquet facility with more than 7,000 square feet of indoor meeting space. Conveniently located in downtown Timmins it is the ideal location for a productive conference, convention, retreat, board meeting, or wedding.
Our facilities are designed with comfort and convenience to accommodate any event. Our professional staff will take care of you, and every detail whether you choose an established or customizable package.
Let us assist you in creating an event that is profound, and personalized.
Coming to Timmins from June 24th to July 1st is the 2017 Stars and Thunder International Firework Competition, and Music Festival. This Festival has lots of fun in store for everyone.
Starting with an amazing lineup for the firework competition is 8 different teams including France, Italy, Ukraine, China, Brazil, U.K., Finland, and Canada. The teams will each light up the sky with a beautiful performance on designated nights of the festival for everyone to enjoy!
And lets not forget the line up for our music festival! This is an 8 day show of talented artists playing in our city. A few of these artist include Celeste Levis, Hedley, Simple Plan, Lights, Keith Urban, and many more!
Make sure you don’t miss this unforgettable event! Tickets can be purchased at https://timmins.frontgatetickets.com/?_ga=1.77349971.776993602.1493212609 .
While you are in town for Stars and Thunder 2017, let us host your stay. Book your hotel room here.
The Senator Hotel & Conference Centre in Timmins has been known throughout Northern Ontario for our hospitality at our hotel, yes, but we are also well-known for our on-site restaurant, the Senator Dining Room, which is often referred to as “the Gem of the North”.
At the Senator Dining Room you’ll find cuisine that is out of this world. For over 40 years the Senator Dining Room has been providing a memorable dining experience to both hotel guests and people from throughout the City of Timmins.
Our menu features Appetizers like,
- Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Prosciutto Wrapped Scallops, with Arugula and a Fresh Melon Salsa
- Mushroom Crostini featuring a Mushroom Trio and Truffle Oil Infused Goat Cheese
- Phyllo Wrapped Baked Brie with Apricot Compote
and Entrees such as,
- Hazelnut Crusted Chicken Breast served with Frangelico Cream Sauce
- 8oz Bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin, Port & Bing Cherry Demi Glaze
- 8oz Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Caramelized Pearl Onions and Merlot Beef Reduction
- Pesto Seared Rack of Lamb with Grain Dijon Mustard, Pinot Noir Reduction
- 8oz Grilled Beef Striploin with Madagascar Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Atlantic Grilled Salmon with Sauteed Shrimp, Perserved Lemon and Dill Cream
- Pan Seared Pickeral with Kaffir Lime Beurre Blanc
- Duck Leg Confit with Wild Mushrooms and Goat Cheese Cream Reduction
We also have many delectable soups, salads and pastas to choose from, not to mention our house specialty of Roasted Certified Angus Prime Rib.
Find us on the first floor of the Senator Hotel & Conference Centre in Timmins. We’re open Monday to Saturday from 5pm to 10pm.
Returning to Timmins March 30-April 1st is the 2017 Timmins Comedy Festival. Featuring headliners Jim McAleese (Corner Gas, Murdoch Mysteries, Dan for Mayor) and Derek Seguin (voted Canada’s Funniest Comedian in 2015), the Timmins Comedy Festival is three days of laugh out loud acts like,
- Eric Johnston
- Clint Gibbons
- Darren Frost
- And local talent Adam MacIvor
The first show will be held at the Porcupine Dante Club, the second at Timmins High & Vocational School and the last show will be an adults-only performance at Club 147. Tickets can be purchased at Altered Reality or through the Timmins Comedy Festival Facebook group.
While you’re in town for the Timmins Comedy Festival, let us host your stay. Book your room or suite at the Senator Hotel here.